These cookies are so easy and quick to bake and you only need 6 ingredient (which if you enjoy baking you probably have lying around your house somewhere). I literally made these from leftover ingredients from the last time I baked.
- cups of butter
- cups of sugar
- 1cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- Mix butter, sugar and syrup in a bowl until the butter melts.
Tip** You will add the rest of the ingredients into this bowl so make sure that it’s large enough.
- Sift your flower into the bowl.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda into the milk and add into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until you have a consistent mixture
Tip** The mixture will appear drier or clumpier than other cookie mixtures. Don’t be alarmed, because this recipe does not use eggs (which bind the ingredients better) it results in the mixture being clumpy. Mix it with your hands and it will bind just fine.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls (about a tablespoon size) and place them on a greased pan. Flatten the dough balls with a folk.
- Set your oven at 180o and bake cookies for 10 minutes.
[Inspired by Quick ‘n’ Easy recipe book]
If you enjoyed this post and recipe please like and subscribe.