- 180g (cups) of butter
- 60ml (cup) golden syrup
- 560ml (2cups) flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of ground ginger
- Extra sugar
- Mix the melted butter and golden syrup in a bowl large enough to mix all the ingredients.
- Add the sugar into the bowl while simultaneously stirring the mix.
- Add the flour, ginger, salt and baking powder into the bowl.
Remember to sift your flour before adding it into the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients until the dough is well combined
- Roll the dough balls into tablespoon size balls.
If the mixture is more viscous it makes it difficult to roll the mixture into balls. Add some flour to your hands, the fork and the pan to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Roll the dough balls in the extra sugar.
If you don’t have a sweet tooth you may want to skip this step.
- Place the balls on a greased pan and flatten them with a folk.
- Bake at 180o for 10 minutes
The baking time varies, bake cookies until they are golden.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Recipe adapted from: Quick ‘n’ Easy recipe book.
Please like and subscribe if you enjoyed this recipe.